1 large tablespoon vegan yellow Thai curry paste*
1 tablespoon curry powder
400mL can coconut cream
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
2 large potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
200g cooked chickpeas
fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
cooked rice, to serve
1. In a wok, fry yellow curry paste with curry powder and 1/4 of a tin of coconut cream.
2. Keep frying till it becomes aromatic.
3. Add turmeric and coriander, stir until combined.
4. Add the potatoes, chickpeas, and the rest of the coconut cream.
5. Cook over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are cooked through and the sauce is thick.
6. Serve over rice, topped with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
* The vegan, shrimp-free stuff. If the curry paste is runny or contains a lot of coriander, it’s probably crappy stuff. Try to get your paste from Asian grocers if possible.